Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Weighing In and Moving On

Now this is what I like to hear! PHAT girl on a diet I am proud!

I have now discovered the power of TRACKING. I’ll admit, I thought it was all BS. Seriously, I would keep a tally of my points in my head and I thought that was good enough. I made the decision that this week I would track EVERYTHING I eat to see where I could improve. I can’t even tell you how downright educational it has been to look back at my food from Monday and see what I ate and where I could improve.

I could tell you that on Monday, I didn’t get in my healthy oils OR my dairy. Tuesday, I did better, but ate too much fruit. Yesterday, I ate too much late at night. Not only is it great to keep track of exactly how many points or calories you have left for the day, but it’s great to see EXACTLY what patterns your eating has.

If you don’t track what you eat via a food log, I highly suggest you start. I know it’s hard and it’s a pain in the butt, but just do it! Keep a little notebook or excel spreadsheet up at your desk while you work then throw it in your purse when you leave for the day. It takes less than 5 mins to write down each meal.

At the end of the day or week, look back and see where you can make improvements. Did that bowl of ice cream you ate late Monday night cause you to wake up the next morning and crave sugar? Did you eat too many carbs and too little protein? Was your water intake insufficient?

Knowledge is power. Educate yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :) or question, or anything!! I run this for all of you, I want to hear from you :)