Thursday, July 21, 2011

A motivating moment for me.


A motivating moment for me.

The last couple of weeks in Zumba class I have noticed a lady that I hadn't seen there before. She is a very large woman. I remember being at my highest weight always walking around with a scowl on my face, not because I was mad, but because I didn't want people to want to talk to me because I wasn't happy with myself. Anyway this lady comes into Zumba with a scowl on her face and I am reminded of that time, I say "hi, how are you this week?" and smile. She looks at me like she is shocked that I said something to her but smiles back and says "I am good how are you?" this starts up a small conversation while we are waiting for class to begin.
In the few moments that I spoke with this woman she was so sweet and continuously complimented me on how great I am at Zumba, to which I replied "HA HA HA HA I guess if you are always ten steps behind" She laughed with me and said "well atleast you can get your legs up" and she kind of dropped her head. At this time I felt it was appropriate to let her know that I wasn't always this limber and energetic. I told her "yeah but when I was nearly 300lbs I couldn't, it took a long time to get where I am at now and a lot of really hard work" She kind of perked her head up and said "NO WAY were you nearly 300lbs!!!, what did you do?" I told her my story as quickly as I could before the first song started.
One hour later class was over and I was picking up my bag and water bottle getting ready to leave, she came over to me and said "Thank you so much for telling me your story, now I know that I can do this and all I need to do is not give up" I nearly teared up SERIOUSLY!!!
I really hope to see her there every week

*************************************************
This is a true look into how a simple HELLO can change the way someone looks at going to the gym, or the one thing that maybe gives them the hope that they can do it. That is may be hard, and It may be a challenge but it is worth it. That those people around you that you are jealous of, and that you "wish you were" may have been in the same situation you are now. So stick with it, know you can do it, and become that inspiration to others!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! You almost got me crying. I started Zumba and MFP at about 270, and am down to 249, since June 1st... I am so excited about making this committment and change, and you have been a huge inspiration for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blushing! Thank you! Congrats on your loss. Feels great doesn't it? Before you know it you'll be at onederland. Then your goal. Zumba is a great way to burn calories without giving you the chance to think about the fact that you're working out. It's so fun! Stick to
    It! I'm proud of you and can't wait to hear more and follow you throughout your journey!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment :) or question, or anything!! I run this for all of you, I want to hear from you :)